Personal - Take Time Out
Well I've tried to start this blog post a myriad of ways... I tried to write about how busy I've been - but who cares, right? We're all busy! I then thought I'd write about the importance of taking time out from our crazy lives - but it just sounded 'ho-hum' - so I thought I'd share how I choose to relax when it all goes awry...
First of all.... Schedule it in!! Get out your diaries (go on, you've got one on your phone - my Husband put a Planner on the wall - so we can both see where we're up to) and make TIME!!
- Cooking. I love to spend hours in the kitchen, especially when I've got family and friends to cook for.
- Sleeping. This is my favourite thing - I could really be in danger of sleeping my life away.
- Yoga. There's something about the breathing, stretching, meditation and the Savasana at the end (see No. 2 Sleeping)
- Spending time with my Family and Friends (see No. 1 Cooking)
- Snuggling with my cats - there's something deeply relaxing about that unconditional love
- Having at least one night a week to spend on the couch, watching DVDs with my Husband
- Reading. This year I plan to read more. I'll share my top ten favourite books (when I've read them, of course)
- Laughing. When it all gets a bit much - I watch a series of Dharma & Greg, Will & Grace or Black Books. All great comedies.
- Escaping. There's some great cooking shows that combine travel. I dream of traveling more, but until then - I watch Rick Stein (Mediterranean Escapes, Far Eastern Odyssey, Spain and India), Jamie Oliver (everywhere he goes) and anything with Italy in it
- Having a glass of wine and a few laughs with my Husband on a sunny afternoon....
However we relax, whoever we relax with and when is of no consequence... so long as you take time to do it.
Let me know how you relax - so I can get some more pointers on how it should be done...
Take care gorgeous people!!!
Love, much love... Kristen xxxx